The Social Venture Challenge
At CGI U 2014, The Resolution Project will provide $100,000 to CGI U student commitment-makers through the Social Venture Challenge (SVC). After being accepted to attend CGI U 2014, students will be eligible to apply for the SVC and present their ideas in this seed funding competition. Semi-finalists will pitch their commitments to The Resolution Project's judges at Arizona State University during the CGI U meeting, and the winners will be revealed in a special announcement on Saturday evening. SVC winners will become Resolution Fellows, receiving seed funding, mentorship, and other pro bono services to help get their Commitments to Action off the ground.
Below is a brief outline of the Resolution Social Venture Challenge (SVC) application process:
- Students accepted to attend CGI U 2014 will be invited via email to apply for the Social Venture Challenge.
- Interested students will complete a three-step application through the Resolution Project's online platform. The application deadlines are:
- Step 1: February 12, 2014
- Step 2: February 19, 2014
- Step 3: February 28, 2014
- Semi-finalists will be selected prior to CGI U 2014 and will showcase their commitments in a semi-final round called the Social Venture Forum at CGI U.
Finalists will present their commitments to a panel of judges at CGI U, and winners will be announced before the conclusion of the meeting.
- $100,000 total in seed funding will be awarded to CGI U 2014 students, providing support for outstanding new CGI U Commitments to Action.